The Tale of Two Kings
Scripture: 1 Samuel 18:1–30
- A vivid contrast between two kings: Saul the rejected king vs David the anointed king
- There are two vital lessons from the man who missed God’s calling and the man whom God used!
These two vital lessons address two significant questions:
- WHEREIN LIES TRUE SECURITY? (vv.1-30)
“David arose and went, along with his men, and killed two hundred of the Philistines.” (v.27)
- WHAT IS TRUE SUCCESS? (vv.1-30)
“And David had success in all his undertakings, for the LORD was with him.” (v.14)
Our one true SAVIOUR and King — JESUS who redeems us to a new life!
Reflection Questions (for CGs and families)
- Share a time in your life when you experienced true security. What did you learn about yourself?
- Share a time in your life when you experienced true success because the Lord was and is with you. What did you learn about God?