Use of your Personal Information
CEFC collects personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- Providing pastoral and shepherding care;
- Teaching and training in discipleship and disciple-making;
- Connecting you to a small group as part of your discipleship journey;
- Organising events to support your discipleship growth;
- Informing you of any discipleship and/or disciple-making events, programs or training;
- Maintaining the membership register of constitutional members of the church, members of small groups and regular worshippers.
Collection of your Personal Information
Your personal information may be collected during any of the following occasions either manually or electronically:
- You complete a new-comer card
- You request to join a small group
- You sign up for baptism or to join as a member of the church
- You sign up for the various programs and activities organized by CEFC
- When you attend events organised by the CEFC
- When you make an pledge/offering/donation to the church
- When you submit your personal information for employment purpose.
- And at any other activity or event that will enable us to serve you better
Retention of your Personal Information
Your personal data will be retained by the Church as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated above or is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements.
Security of your Personal Information
CEFC secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. CEFC secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of personal data and will constantly review and enhance our information security measures.
Updating of your Personal Information
You will have access to update your personal information through the Voyager System which is maintained by the church. You may request the church to update your personal information for you by following the request for particulars update process which can be found in Appendix A.
Accuracy of your Personal Information
With regards to the accuracy of the information, the church will do whatever it can to ensure the accuracy of the information provided. However, it will be incumbent on you to ensure that your personal information is updated and correct.
We have an annual verification exercise during which we will encourage you to check your particulars to ensure accuracy.
Request to remove your Personal Information from our records
You may at any time withdraw any consent given in respect of the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information by giving prior notice in the form of a formal written request addressed to the Data Protection Officer.
In the event you withdraw your consent to the Church for the processing of your personal data, CEFC shall cease to process your personal data within 30 working days upon receiving your written withdrawal request.
Please note that once consent is withdrawn, CEFC may not be able to fulfill our services to you.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
CEFC will only disclose your personal information, without notice, to entities outside of CEFC only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- conform to the law or comply with any legal process served on CEFC;
- protect and defend the rights or property of CEFC; and,
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of CEFC, or the public
Application to access Personal Information
Under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”), you are entitled to request for your personal data that we have, and request to know how your personal data had been used or disclosed over the past year.
Please complete this and submit it to: [email protected]
Particulars of Requester:
Name of requestor:
Purpose of Request:
Do state your purpose for accessing the personal data so that we can process your access request within 30 days from the first day of request; or if it will take longer, we will notify you of the time-frame.
Process for Responding to complaints
CEFC is committed to managing your personal data in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (Act 26 of 2012). This section describes the procedure through which CEFC manages complaints on personal data protection.
Types of complaints
All complaints about how CEFC manages personal data will be dealt with in accordance with the procedure set out below. Some examples of complaints that might be raised include:
- Unlawful processing of Personal Data.
- Misuse of Personal Data.
- Unauthorized access to Personal Data; or
- Loss of Personal Data
Rights under the Personal Data Protection Act
Under the Personal Data Protection Act, your personal data can only be collected, used or disclosed for specific purposes with your consent. In addition, you are entitled to know what data is held about you and how the information is being used; and where personal data is recorded incorrectly or not up-to-date, to have such personal data rectified.
What to do if you have a complaint
If you have any concerns or problems with the way your personal data has been handled, please contact CEFC’s Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
To assist us in dealing with your complaint, please provide the following:
- Full name of the person lodging the complaint
- Contact details
- Details of the complaint
- Time frame over which the suspected wrongdoing occurred;
- And Documentary evidence in support of the claim
Upon receiving your complaint, CEFC’s Data Protection Officer(s) will confirm that your complaint will be investigated and provide you with an estimate of how long you should expect to wait to receive a full response. While CEFC will try to respond as promptly as possible, response times will vary depending on the nature of the complaint.
CEFC’s Data Protection Officers will liaise with the relevant departments to investigate your complaint. You will be notified of the investigation outcome in writing within a reasonable time and any action(s) taken if your complaint has been upheld, or your right of appeal where your complaint has been rejected.
Contact for Enquiries
You may contact our Data Protection Office at the following address:
Data Protection Officer
ACKCentre 2 Kallang Avenue
#10-26 CT HUB
Telephone: (65) 6892 6811
Email: [email protected]
To request for your personal particulars to be updated by CEFC.
- Please complete the personal particulars update form that is provided at the Information Counters at our Church Centres.
- Upon completion of the forms, please submit the form to the staff or lay volunteer who is manning the Information Counter.
- CEFC will then proceed to update your personal particulars upon receipt of your form within 7 days of receiving your form